Fire Extinguisher Services – British Standard: BS5306
Under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, Fire Extinguishers are an essential piece of fire fighting equipment. A ‘responsible person’ must provide and maintain extinguishers as an important means to fight fire. The Elec Group tests, inspects and supplies all fire extinguisher types. Fire Extinguishers are crucial in controlling the flames before they get too out of hand. Regular Fire Extinguisher Maintenance is essential for ensuring their effectiveness in a potential emergency.
The Elec Group offer complete Fire Extinguisher Maintenance, servicing both small and larger business.
TIMING is Important…
For any business, we understand the importance of time. Therefore, we pre-arrange all our service visits with our clients through our dedicated sales and operations teams. A certified engineer will inspect and service your extinguishers with a detailed and thorough examination – this can be carried out annually to conform with UK regulations.
What should you expect to happen during the service?
A basic Fire extinguisher service should be carried out once a year in compliance with British Standards. The service procedure involves:
- Visually checking the fire extinguisher(s) for any signs of damage/wear and tear etc
- Checking that the extinguisher has not been used
- Checking that the operating instructions on the unit are still clear and easily readable
- Removing the discharge hose and checking for any corrosion/blockages
- Weighing the extinguisher and recording its weight on the service label
- Wiping down the extinguisher so it’s clean
- Ensuring that the wall mountings are secure and in good condition before replacing the appliance back on the wall
What happens next?
Upon a successful test of all your fire extinguishing equipment our engineer will answer any questions and aid our client with any queries they have. Then our support team will then contact you before the following test is due to arrange our next visit.
We will ensure your extinguishers are always in perfect working order; making the procedure simple and inexpensive and carrying it out with the highest level of care.